I stole this idea from the 37signals blog. Its simplicity and positive directness is very attractive.
Besides a website FAQ page there are other ways you can use this concept.
- In a proposal to answer why you should select our firm
- As part of a design presentation to answer, "What will this design do for you?"
- As part of your request for a raise/promotion
- As part of wooing a new employee
- As part of your office policies explanation
- In your marketing material
- In your internal task methodologies, e.g. "Does every plan drawing or detail require a north arrow?"
In a rare case you might want to turn this upside down and make the answer to every question 'No'.
If nothing else this approach adds a little fun to some boring checklists.