Window Replacement can almost never be justified on the basis of energy savings, so aesthetics, comfort and deterioration lead up the reasons for replacement. It is important to know the conditions that the new window must fit into.
The key features of the detail are:
- This detail is needed to specify the configuration, construction and materials required for the window replacement.
- This detail requires further details and specifications covering these conditions.
- Building Codes have an impact on aspects of the work shown here.
- You may want a specification covering the quality and installation aspects of these materials.
- These details should be placed on the Exterior Details sheet, the A-501 or AE-501 series of sheets per the National CAD Standards, contrary to the designation shown here.
- Download PDF of detail.