GOVERNMENT 01 - COURTHOUSE PROJECT DRAWINGS
This Courthouse Project is a one-story, 17,500 SF stand-alone Courthouse designed in 1990 for a local government Owner. These drawings were prepared for public bid and were accompanied by a Project Manual (non included here). Nothing was left to the Contractor’s discretion.
- Designed to bring inmates from the adjacent jail building to the courtrooms through a back corridor.
- The main entrance canopy is flanked by areas open to the sky, framed by brick beams.
- The courtroom lobby has a dramatic linear skylight.
- Courtroom casework was included.
- The courtrooms have book-matched wood panelling.
- Windows have sloping EIFS accent panels.
- The Construction Type is 2B, sprinklered.
- The building is Business Use Group.
- Cost in 2013 Dollars is $2,400,000.
These drawings may be downloaded as PDFs in a zip file as a benefit of Signing Up for the Architekwiki mailing list. Instructions are included in the Welcome email.
The project is also discussed in the following articles:
The Next Published Project - A Courthouse
A Linear Skylight & Ceiling Details
Details - Brick Beam
Details - Architectural Wood Panelling
Details - Courtroom Fixed Furniture