Starting last week details began appearing under the 'DETAILS' page.
Clipping details from bid sets is easier than I anticipated. I had planned to embed the PDF in the page. The very first post on the Raised Counter was done this way. Later I noticed that the embedded PDF was not visible on iOS devices. The work-around is to also make a JPEG of the detail and post it as an image with a link to the PDF for downloading.
Many of these first details will be interiors details, but before long Shell and Roof details will join them.
I hope this is a helpful reference. Contact me through about.me/rickw or the comments if you have any requests or observations.
Work on adding drawing details to the site has resumed. The organizing principle has been worked out and can be found here. Or try this if the link doesn't work for some reason.
I want to get a few details actually ready to publish before adding 'DETAILS' to the menu.
Of course I have a plan that I have been tracking in Nozbe as my "WIKI Details" project. Here is a look at my uncompleted tasks as of mid-December. It gives you an idea of where I am going with this.
PLANNING & RESEARCH
* determine if .dwg files can be uploaded
* compare/research 'architect's tool box' website
* develop pros/cons of jpeg only
* develop pros/cons of PDF only
* develop pros/cons of .dwg only
* develop pros/cons of also .dwg
* decide what we are going to provide - PDF, jpeg, .dwg or combination
* develop pros/cons of starting with paper or digital details
* decide if we will start with paper or digital
* determine how we will eliminate duplicates
* Use Uniformat II for ID number system
* Develop a template for detail post
* develop a template for the detail description
* Make a process diagram for developing a new detail post.
* develop disclaimer for WIKI page
* develop disclaimer for each detail post
PRODUCE INITIAL POSTINGS
* assign tasks to Alice and me
* find all paper details
* organize hand-drafted detail files
* design "template" for paper WIKI post
* diagram paper-based process for posting details
* prepare test detail post (paper)
* debug test (paper)
* revise process (paper)
PRODUCE 'SECOND WAVE' DETAILS
* find and assemble all digital details
* organize digital detail files
* design "template" for digital WIKI post
* diagram digital process for posting details
* prepare test detail post (digital)
* debug test (digital)
* revise process (digital)
POST CULLED DETAILS
* make list of projects that may have useful details
* assemble drawings for review and extraction of details
CREATE DETAILS TO POST
* develop pros/cons of drawing digital versions of paper details
* decide if we will draw digital versions of paper details
* brainstorm sources of new details
© 2012-2020 Architekwiki