- Defining the vision. What's the big picture look like?
- Setting objectives. What specific things do you want to achieve?
- Assessing constraints. What is in the way; what approvals are needed?
- Listing activities. What are all the tasks that make up the project? (Forget sequence - just brainstorm.)
- Committing resources. What is the budget and are you ready to accept responsibility for it?
- Ordering activities. What is the logical and effective way to tackle the list of project tasks?
- Agreeing dates. What is the timeline and can everyone involved meet it?
- Validating the plan. Do the stakeholders agree with the plan?
I have found that, whenever a project seems especially complicated, frustrating or just plain stuck, a review of these eight steps will bring clarity and show yoy the way through the impasse.
Give it a try.
If you would like articles like this delivered to you by email, Sign Up here.
Follow on Twitter @Architekwiki
Original post date 1/7/2013