Finding information on Architekwiki can be done in two ways.
The first way is by using the Google site search widget to filter the articles based on your key word(s).
The second way is by using the categories of the blog in question to filter the articles. We will address them one at a time. [Footnote: from time to time duplicates show up in the lists of categories for unknown reasons. I attempt to eliminate them.]
For the WIKI page there are 20 categories, listed below. Every article is tagged with one of the first four categories and also with one or more of the other 16 categories. (You will note the actual category list are in alphabetical order.)
WIKI categories and a brief description of their intended content.
- Business Development - sales, marketing, promotion, PR, etc
- Management - steering the various aspects of the practice of architecture
- Services - the architectural services provided to clients
- Finances - money management
- Communications - verbal, written, published
- People - staff, clients, consultants, vendors
- Process - a standardized multi-step task
- Projects - a unique and complex undertaking for clients or for the practice
- Records - saved communications and work products
- Tools - physical, digital or conceptual ways to do work
- Miscellaneous - catch all
- Legal Issues - contracts, laws, codes
- Money - fees, value, compensation, etc
- Estimating - projecting or predicting costs, quantities, and time
- Planning - determining the steps required to achieve a result
- Standards - adopted templates or methods
- Design - creatively determining the possibilities and deciding among them
- Specifications - written guidelines, requirements or instructions
- Time - using and measuring it
- Concepts - ideas and ways of looking at an issue
For the DETAILS page there are 14 categories, each represents a category in the UNIFORMAT II system. This article will give you more information about UNIFORMAT. The one exception is Proj Dwgs, which is used to tag articles about an entire project.
For the BLOG page there are 6 categories as follows. Others may be added from time to time.
- Chronology - articles that document the growth of Architekwiki
- Humor - attempts at being funny
- Miscellaneous - not worthy of individual categories
- Opinion - me just saying ...
- Thoughts - me just thinking outloud on the screeen
- Work In Progress - stuff that is being planned (maybe)
Updated: September 28, 2013