Many building types could benefit from a dedicated receiving area with a dock. Shipping often entails multiple docks, but almost all buildings receive packages and material deliveries. A dock that can accommodate an over the road truck is the subject here. These drawings show how you might document the truck dock in plan, elevation and section.
These drawings would need to be supplemented by specifications describing the actual equipment that is intended to be used.
It is easy to design a truck dock that looks good but doesn't work very well. The manufacturer's representative of a dock equipment fabricator can be invaluable in making decisions that avoid an ineffective design.
A commentary on Truck Dock Design can be found here.
- These details are needed to show the configuration, construction and materials required for the truck dock.
- These details require further specifications or detailed notes covering these conditions.
- Building Codes have an impact on aspects of the work shown here.
- You may want a specification covering the quality and installation aspects of these materials. The notes have specification reference numbers included to help make that connection.
- These details should be placed on the Plans, A-100 series; Elevations, A-200 series; Large Scale Plans, A-400 series; and/or Exterior Details sheet, the A-500 series of sheets per the National CAD Standards, contrary to the designation shown here.
- Download PDF of detail.