Exterior Masonry Door Details in Cavity Walls require attention to closing off the cavity and controlling any water that may have entered the wall above the door.
The key features of the detail are the:
- This detail is needed to specify the configuration, construction and materials required for the conditions at the door head and jamb of a masonry cavity wall.
- This detail requires further details and specifications covering these conditions.
- Building Codes have an impact on aspects of the work shown here.
- You may want a specification covering the quality and installation aspects of these materials. The notes have specification reference numbers included to help make that connection.
- These details should be placed on the Exterior Details sheet, the A-501 or AE-501 series of sheets per the National CAD Standards.
- Download PDF of detail.