Low-Rise Curtain Walls consist of a metal framing system with glass (or similar) glazed into it. The curtain wall system prevents water penetration by sealing out water and draining any water that penetrates out thru channels in the framing members.
Curtain Walls offer the advantage of being both window and wall systems. The mullion spacing should be arranged to accommodate floor, ceiling and wall intersections. See Thoughts on Curtain Walls.
The key features of the details are the:
- This detail is needed to specify the configuration, construction and materials required for the curtain wall.
- This detail requires further details and specifications covering these conditions.
- Building Codes have an impact on aspects of the work shown here.
- You may want a specification covering the quality and installation aspects of these materials. The notes have specification reference numbers included to help make that connection.
- These details should be placed on the Wall Sections sheet, the A-300 series of sheets per the National CAD Standards, contrary to the designation shown here.
- Download PDF of detail. Download keynotes.