Skylights can have a dramatic impact on the interior of the building. Natural daylight provides interesting light and can reduce the need for other artificial types of lighting.
A linear skylight requires integration with the structure. In this case roof joists were enclosed by and included into the ceiling design without adding any awkwardness.
The key features of the detail are the:
B3020-A - Skylight
- These details are needed to specify the configuration, construction and materials required for the skylight and ceiling design.
- These details may require further details and specifications covering these conditions.
- Building Codes have an impact on aspects of the work shown here.
- You may want a specification covering the quality and installation aspects of these materials.
- These details should be placed on the Interior and Exterior Details sheets, the A-500 series of sheets per the National CAD Standards, contrary to the designations shown here.
- PDF versions of these details are available for download.
Follow on Twitter @Architekwiki
Original post date: 9/17/2013