Details of Courtroom Furniture are a necessity. The configuration and appearance can't be left to the whim of the fabricator. The expectations of the fixed furnishings are for 50 years or more of service. Quality materials and workmanship are easily justified. It is not uncommon for specialized features to be required, making attention to detail all the more necessary.
These details represent one solution to the specific requirements of a unique installation. Similar details would be needed for other projects.
Fixed Furniture is often like a miniature project, requiring a layout, structure, enclosure, finishes, and utilities.
E2010-F - Courtroom Furniture
- These details are needed to specify the configuration, construction and materials required for the courtroom fixed furniture.
- These details can eliminate the need for specifications covering these conditions with the addition of detailed notes.
- These details are referenced on the floor plan.
- ADA requires clearances and access. Make sure your details are coordinated with those requirements. (These details pre-date the adoption of ADA.)
- You may want a specification covering the quality and installation aspects of these materials.
- These details should be placed on the Interior Details sheets, the A-500 series of sheets per the National CAD Standards.
- A PDF of the details can be downloaded.